At Charlton Wood Primary Academy, the teaching of writing, within the English Curriculum has been carefully considered to enable our pupils to become confident and creative writers. Because we are dedicated to ensuring that all children are passionate about reading and writing, our units of work are underpinned by high quality fiction and non-fiction texts as well as poetry so that our children are immersed in 'real' writing and are deliberately taught ambitious vocabulary which is matched to their age and stage of development as well as genre being studied.
Please read our 'Teaching Writing at CWPA Handbook' below for further information about the intent, implementation and impact of our writing curriculum.
- Gross and Fine motor skills progression to support children in developing an effective pencil grip
- Year 1 Writing Critical Pathway
- Year 2 Writing Critical Pathway
- Year 3 Writing Critical Pathway
- Year 4 Writing Critical Pathway
- Year 5 Writing Critical Pathway
- Year 6 Writing Critical Pathway
- Year R Writing Critical Pathway